New approach to determining the responsibility for the fulfillment of tax obligations on payment of taxes and fees, submission of reports, registration of tax or excise invoices, and settlement adjustments:
- If there is no possibility to fulfill the tax obligations in time, taxpayers are exempted from liability for non-fulfillment of their debt within six months after termination or cancellation of martial law in Ukraine.
- Taxpayers who can fulfill such tax obligations promptly shall be exempt from liability for failure to fulfill such obligations in case they will:
- Register tax invoices and adjustment calculations for February-May by July 15, 2022.
- Submit the tax returns by July 20, 2022.
- Ensure payment of taxes and fees no later than July 31, 2022.
- Taxpayers who will renew the ability to perform their tax obligations for the period starting February 2022, shall perform such tax obligations within 60 calendar days of the first month through the next month their ability is renewed.
Single taxpayers of the 3rd group, who has chosen the tax system at the rate of 2%, will be released from liability for late fulfillment of tax obligations, provided they fulfilled their tax obligations within 60 calendar days from the date of returning to their previous tax system.
In the case of self-correction of errors in tax periods before July 20, 2022, which led to an understatement of tax liabilities in the reporting periods due to martial law, such taxpayers are exempt from fines and penalties.