Communication on Solvency II : 5 key findings
- The introduction of Solvency II has enhanced the financial communication of insurers, both qualitatively and quantitatively;
- Several groups have adapted well to the demands of the new regulatory environment, no doubt due to earlier work to develop their internal models;
- The information on future prospects, capital management and the distribution of dividends could all be improved;
- Financial communication will doubtless be enriched in 2016 with the effective date of the Solvency II Directive, the first SFCR publications, and the full maturity of Own Risk Solvency Assessments (ORSA);
- The future of Embedded Value reporting is something to keep an eye on in the years to come: will convergence with Solvency II be complete, leading to the disappearance of this indicator?