Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
A set of technologies that use software as a virtual FTE to manipulate existing application software in the same way that a person completes a process.
WHAT IS RPA?
Robotics Process Automation (RPA) acts as a virtual employee to perform processes. The software robot completes repetitive or low-value added tasks with high frequency. Technology is able to work and manipulate data as a person and is three times more efficient than a usual worker. It takes only 4-6 weeks to implement the mechanism for robot and program it for specific process.
WHAT CAN RPA DO?
- Log into the system and navigate to specific screen
- Receive email and process attachments
- Copy information from one system and paste it into another
- Make calculations in excel spreadsheet
- Inform user about the outcome of the process
- Follow defined decision logic
- Run based on schedule or be triggered by an even
- Accounts payable
- Bank statements
- Change of master data – address, contact details…
- Automated testing
- GDPR, KYC and other compliance processes
- Loans processing
- New joiner on boarding
HOW DOES IT WORK? - BOOKING OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INVOICE
WHY USE RPA?
- Independent of humans
- Optimizes business processes three times faster than a usual worker
- Quick ROI - usually in less than one year
- Improves productivity by allowing employees to focus on value-added activities
- Decreases processing times and ensures deadlines are met
- Improves quality by reducing human error
- Seamless deployment - robots are live in a couple of weeks
- Full audit trail of robot activity
- Understands and clearly documents processes and business logic
- Attracts top talent by offering more strategic and interesting roles
RPA TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS
Global RPA provider
Czech RPA provider
Follow the link below to read about Martin Vaross’ recent lecture on RPA as a key element of digital transformation at European Business Association (EBA) in Kyiv.